Launched 380 Nos. “Karnataka Sarige Buses” by Sri. Ramalinga Reddy,Hon’ble Minister for Transport, In-charge Minister, Chikkaballapur and Chairman, KSRTC on 26.09.2016 at 11.00 am KSRTC Central Office, 4thDepot, Bangalore Central Division.
At present, the State Road Transport Corporations (STUs) are also discharging great responsibility of providing public transport services to the 23793 villages and catering about 1.25 crores passengers everyday; with a help of 23700 buses and 1.17 lakhs of manpower.
- KSRTC has received 70 National and International awards in the 1998-2016 last 40 months and 137 awards (May 2013- Sep-2016)
- 1594 New Buses to be Inducted by March 2017
- Fly Bus Services has become popular and from high demand from the public, it has been planned to add 7 buses directly from Bangalore International Airport to Tirupathi, Madikeri and Selam. At present, Bangalore-Mysore – 5 Buses and Bangalore-Kundapur (Manipal) – 2 Buses in operation.
- It has been planned to install CC TV Camera’s in all the Depots, Bus Stands, Regional Workshops and Divisional Workshops of KSRTC.
- Further, construction of new Bus Stands and up-gradation of Bus Stands will be taken up during the.
- India’s first 100% Bio Diesel Bus operation has been already in operation, and 1700 buses having 20% Bio Diesel Buses were implemented.
- KSRTC has bagged total 137 National & International Awards during the period from 1998-2016 and May-2013 – September-2016) KSRTC has bagged 40months- 70 Awards for its commuter friendly Services.