Bengaluru, April 28, 2016: Fortis Hospitals, Cunningham Road, achieves yet another milestone by receiving the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) Safe-I certification. NABH Safe – I certification program enables health care organizations in upgrading their infection control practices thereby ensuring quality care for their patients.
Mr. Ajay Shankar, Facility Director of Fortis Cunningham road said, “Fortis Hospitals has always ensured to provide quality services to the people. We are indeed glad to receive this certification which is a reward for the entire team who have always put in their best efforts to provide a safe, hygiene and secure environment at the hospital. This is an encouragement to our people and we will continue with our persistent efforts.”
Safe – I hospitals would ensure – Injection safety, Infusion Safety, Infection Prevention, Healthcare Workers Safety, Bio Medical Waste Management and Disinfection and Sterilization. The mandatory quality protocols which includes infection control program for patients’ safety, programs for safety of healthcare workers and processes that ensure no harmful waste is generated, was followed diligently by Fortis Hospitals to achieve this certification.
Also, the below criteria were fulfilled by Fortis Hospitals to bag the certification:
· Implementation of HAI register
· Introduction of Epinet form.
· Regular Audit of biomedical segregation and storage area.
· Streamlining the BMW management system and process.
· Implementation of the cleaning checklist in all the area.
· Improved the soiled linen area in IP & OP area.
· Data collection and reporting to SAFE- I board on all infection control parameters.
· Displayed the posters of hand wash and precaution board in all patient care area
· Training for all senior IP & OP, OT, ICU, Cathlab, Medical services as master trainer
· 80% training covered for all consultant for hand hygiene universal practices
· Retrained & Sanitized the House keeping staff regarding the all relevant Safe- I module
· Improved the internal auditing skills among the senior staffs
· Displayed the Scope of services, Mission statement of the hospital in OPD area